This position is intended for a resident of Fort McMurray only. This role is site based and related to planned onsite support services.
- Complete periodic and break-fix maintenance activities related to the site DCS. This could include maintaining backups of the system, installing system updates/patches, monitoring control system performance, responding to system alarms, and troubleshooting failed components. Maintain DCS interfaces with third-party products (PLCs, HMIs, OPC Clients, and Historians)Field
Troubleshooting / Maintenance
- Work with the client’s maintenance team to perform loop checks and troubleshoot field instrumentation. Troubleshoot all aspects of functionality of hardware and assist systems applications engineers with troubleshooting software. Interface with system vendor(s) as required for timely resolution of all defects and deficiencies.
- Provide high quality written documentation. Generate and work within the client’s Management of Change (MOC) procedures.
Act as the Client's Representative
- Lead system support initiatives, acting as the end client's representative for software and hardware upgrades, integration to other systems, migrations, optimization and system expansion; Provide technical support during system shutdown and start-up activities.
- B.Sc. in Electrical, Computer, or Chemical Engineering (CPC), or relevant Engineering Technologist Diploma
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Honeywell TPS.
- Honeywell TDC 3000 and/or Experion experience would be an asset.
- Previous experience working at an Oil Sands facility would be an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency of MS Office (Word and Excel) is essential.
- Proven customer focused practices
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
Closing Date: April 30, 2020