Reporting to - Grande Prairie Portfolio Manager
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be involved in industrial control systems design and low to medium voltage power distribution design.
This role will support our Smart Process Team.
- Design of electrical power distribution systems in pulp & paper, chemical, mining/milling or oil sands facilities. Plant systems include Low to Medium voltage cable systems, switching equipment, transformers and protection/control, as well as motor control, plant lighting, and grounding.
- Design drawings for construction of the physical components of automation systems including, but not limited to the following:
- DCS/PLC/RTU/SIS hardware design
- Control panel layout & design
- Low voltage power distribution systems
- I/O wiring
- Loop drawings
- Fieldbus design
- UPS design
- Control console design
- Prepare technical reports and Client correspondences/presentations.
- Review and prepare detailed specifications and contract documents for procurement of major electrical equipment as well as construction document packages.
- Assist in the preparation of the technical portions of Procurement documents (RFQs, POs), and review equipment tenders and vendor documents.
- Assist in the coordination of project activities.
- Visits to project sites and other design offices for project related activities, including commissioning and startup support.
- Related Engineering degree from an accredited university, or relevant Engineering Technologist Diploma
- P.Eng. or eligibility for registration with APEGA is preferred
- Previous experience (5-10 years) and working background in industrial facilities
- Project Management experience is considered an asset
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of the CEC
- Experience with developing construction work packages
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Drivers License
- Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident only.
Closing Date: November 30, 2019