- Support Operations / Maintenance in PLC hardware, communications, and applications for day-to-day operation and troubleshooting.
- Interface with Operations, Operations Support, and Maintenance for PLC hardware training and applications training support.
- Maintain up-to-date system documentation and application documentation.
- Interface with vendors.
- Manage PLC system change management and processes by creating engineering packages with hardware design communication design, and application development.
- This also includes graphics development, testing of hardware, application, and graphics to ensure flawless execution, field implementation, and commissioning.
- The job requires knowledge of electrical systems and their application in a control framework, process systems, instrumentation systems, control systems, and their application.
- Work planning, problem solving and analysis, individual initiative, teamwork, and consulting are all essential skills.
- A keen desire for system troubleshooting is required.
- The position holder must understand that if the PLC system does not meet its intended purpose, then the operator cannot control and or protect the process system and that such condition may result in injury to personnel, loss of production or equipment damage, none of which is acceptable.
5+ years of direct PLC work experience:
- 9A/B Rockwell PLC hardware,
- Siemens, Schneider Triconex,
- TriGP, 984, Quantum and Unity hardware,
- RSNetworks (Devicenet),
- RSNetworks (Controlnet),
- RSLinx, ProSoft Communication modules,
- software like ProWorx NXT,
- Concept 2.6,
- RS Logix 5/500/5000,
- HMIs like Wonderware,
- PanelView, Magelis,
- Protocol Converters like CEV200, ETG100
P.Eng. / CET
Closing Date: February 28, 2021