This September 14th mCloud is proud to host the 2021 edition of mCloud Connect, welcoming virtual attendees from around the world. This annual event gives us the opportunity to welcome clients, partners and other stakeholders for a one-of-a-kind blend of education, networking with peers and members of the mCloud team, as well as insights centered around the evolving needs of business in our everchanging world. We’ll be delivering new perspectives on how to drive change leading toward more sustainable industry practices. We’ll also be making a number of exciting AssetCare announcements at the event.
Those who will be with us online will enjoy a day’s worth of astute panels, interactive discussion, and networking with fellow delegates. Here is just some of what the day’s events will include:
- Kicking things off will be Lucas Joppa, Microsoft’s Chief Environmental Officer. His opening keynote session is not to be missed. Lucas will be sharing his view of how technology not only can be, but must be leveraged to combat climate change worldwide. Through electrification, artificial intelligence and a myriad of other innovations across all sectors, smart systems are the next step in reducing our industrial footprint on the earth. This talk will also examine ways in which businesses can address and overcome the challenges of identifying and adopting these technologies.
- We’ll have a panel discussion with executives from NOVA Chemicals, Shell and TransAlta Corporation who will be joining Arnel Santos, mCloud’s Chief Operating Officer and a 25-year oil industry veteran to discuss achieving long term sustainability goals. He was recently consulted by the BBC on this very issue. As governments around the world continue mandating ambitious targets for reducing GHG emissions, this panel will examine what needs to be done today to put businesses on the path to achieving those targets years from now. The panel will review activities already underway, barriers which need to be broken, as well as opportunities to be cultivated along the way.
- Jim Kootnekoff, President & CEO at SecuSolutions along with mCloud’s Michael Anaka, Director of Information Technology will look at where companies are today on their digital transformation journey as it relates to cybersecurity. They will look at best practices in developing the infrastructure and processes for keeping corporate data safe for an ever-growing number of threats.
- mCloud’s Executive Vice President and CFO, Chantal Schutz will give her take on the evolution of the role of corporate finance and its interactions both with workers in the field as well as other corporate functions. She’ll also examine how adopting new technology can play a role in facilitating this transition.
- Sanjay Jhawar, President and Co-Founder of RealWear will team up with Duane Svenson Team Lead, Midstream OT Systems at AltaGas and our very own Vice President of Mobility Technologies, Helen Hosang, to talk about the “new” future of work, reviewing the impacts the global pandemic has had on the way businesses operate. This includes the increased urgency behind all aspects of ESG, and the evolving demands of the workforce itself.
- Our President and CEO, Russ McMeekin will be on hand for an exclusive one-on-one fireside chat with MC and host Mark Jeffries, discussing how the past year has accelerated change in many businesses, and his views on the path forward for the industries mCloud serves.
To top it all off, this year’s closing keynote speaker is from former astronaut and commander of the International Space Station, Chris Hadfield. He’s famous both for being the first Canadian to walk in space, as well as for nailing covers of classic rock hits!