The Industrial IT / Systems Specialist will be providing high level technical expertise, for Industrial IT systems design and integration on various systems. Projects range from small enhancements for existing system implementations to significant developments of Industrial IT architectures comprised of multiple site level and enterprise level specialty technical and business systems. Systems in this realm can range from infrastructural in nature, such as security appliances and systems, site and enterprise level historians, and integration platforms, to systems with business- or technically-specific roles such as content management systems, scheduling systems, communications systems (e-mail, SMS, IM), emissions monitoring systems, lab information management systems, and facility-wide simulation and modeling systems. The assignments often involve working at customer offices and sites directly with the client SMEs and project leads.
This role will support our Smart Process Team.
- Provide leadership to the design, development, and integration of Industrial IT solutions in the various industries which Autopro serves.
- Prepare and lead the preparation of Functional Requirements, Interface Requirements, Integration Requirements, Detail Design Specifications, System Test Plans, and System Integration Plans.
- Provide oversight to technical teams in the integration of Industrial IT systems. Experience with one or more of the below control level platforms is required:
- PLC (e.g., Rockwell Automation, Modicon, Siemens),
- DCS (e.g., Honeywell Experion, ABB 800xA, Emerson DeltaV, Siemens-Moore), and SCADA/HMI (e.g. Wonderware, Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Citect),
- RTU (e.g., Fisher, Bristol Babcock, SCADAPack).
- Travel, as required, in order to perform functions such as construction site inspection, information gathering, software implementation, site acceptance testing, commissioning, and client meetings.
- Participate in HAZOP and other design reviews.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and awareness within this area of focus.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development of junior and intermediate engineers, technologists and designers.
- Assist in the design and modifications of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
- Understand business needs, risks, and organizational dynamics as well as their implications based on developing alternate plans and choices.
- Identify and support cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Identify business development and sales opportunities as they relate to a specific existing project.
- Participate in the development of scope of work, cost estimates, schedule development, and key assumptions within business development proposals.
- IIBA and ITIL certifications are considered an asset.
- 5 + years of progressive success of engineering experience in high volume, fast-paced industrial environments; Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Utilities, Transport/Logistics, and Upgraders and Refineries.
- Proven competencies direct technical experience in the design, implementation, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of Industrial IT systems.
- Ability to interpret, red-line and prepare detailed workflow diagrams (e.g. swim lanes), business process, inter-system data flow diagrams (DFDs), and high level system architecture diagrams framed with the ISA-S95 model.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Notable communications, clearly and concisely in multiple forms of media.
- Influential interpersonal skills, building positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organizational, as well with external customers.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
Closing Date: April 30, 2020