The Junior Electrical Engineer/Technologist will be part of a design team working on automation and low to medium voltage electrical engineering design projects. The project types will vary in size and complexity, and may include, but not be limited to DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA and RTU systems.
- Electrical engineering and design work on all aspects of electrical design under supervision of the project lead.
- Preparation and execution of electrical design documents and related calculations, such as voltage drop, cable tray loading, conduit fill calculations, overcurrent selection, motor starting calculations and overload selection, etc.
- Staging and Testing – assist in the preparation of test plans and inspect/test hardware
- Drawing package preparation – prepare various electrical drawings:
- Layout drawings
- Control panel drawings
- Power distribution schematics
- I/O schematics
- Loop drawings
- Junction box layout & termination drawings
- Single line diagrams
- Motor control schematics
- Grounding diagrams
- Lighting/Distribution panel drawings
- System architecture drawings
- Marshalling termination drawings
- Installation detail drawings
- Construction work package preparation – produce a construction scope of work document, construction specifications and supporting documentation.
- Procurement – assist with the specification and procurement of equipment. Prepare bid specifications, bid comparisons and produce recommendations for purchase.
- Narratives and documentation - produce as-build narratives and shutdown keys from existing PLC code. Prepare reports on various aspects of the project.
- System Architecture drawings - as-build and additions to architecture drawings and block drawings.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Registration with professional engineering association
- Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident
Closing Date: April 30, 2020